Last Updated on June 15, 2021 by Jake Sheridan
20 SEO APIs to Automate Boring Marketing Tasks
An SEO tool exists for pretty much everything a marketer could need.
But sometimes that isn’t enough. Sometimes you need something custom or so niche that it wouldn’t be viable being a standalone tool.
That’s where SEO APIs come in.
Using APIs allow you automatically pull in the data you need without having to click around in a million different tools. Plus, once you’ve got it setup and running smoothly, you can use the same process on repeat.
Check out these SEO APIs (+ documentation):
SEMrush is a versatile keyword research, backlink and SEO research tool. You can use the API to automate keyword data gathering (volume, CPC, competition, and the number of results) + get link data for a domain, root domain, or URL.
SheerSEO is a low cost SEO API for rank & SERP tracking. It supports Google, Google Local & Bing, mobile and multiple countries.
Supermetrics API can bring all your marketing data into Tableau, Qlik, Power BI or your own databases and data warehouses in a few clicks (+ with no coding knowledge).
You can pull all your marketing metrics (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, Bing, LinkedIn & more) into one place where you have full control of your data.
Searchmetrics SEO API helps to enrich business intelligence + white label solutions – with SEO data. Use cases include: automated reports, research tools, mobile apps, web services and browser toolbars.
BrightLocal provides a local SEO API to add valuable local data (online reviews, search rankings, citations and more) to any platform/tool.
The full list of APIs for local SEO they provide:
- Online Reviews API
- Organic Ranking API
- Local & Mobile Ranking API
- Local Citation Data API
- NAP / Business Listing API
- GMB / Google Local API
- Citation Builder API
- Offsite SEO API
Raven SEO Tools
Raven SEO Tools provides an API to help automate parts of their reporting. The REST API allows access to Keyword Manager and Link Manager to create and manage campaigns (websites) within the platform. The response can be returned in XML or JSON format.
Majestic SEO provides loads of data through their API to help with SEO, especially for link builders. Get data like backlink counts, Topical Trust Flow, Referring domains, Referring IPs and more.
You can use the Majestic API to build internal tools or request commercial licensing.
Moz (Mozscape) API gives you metrics like DA & PA and link data to help speed up your SEO work.
You can use the Moz API to understand the potential of a domain (based on domain authority), count linking root domains, URL anchor texts, followed vs no-followed links and more.
Ahrefs API is designed to let you get link data at scale from the Ahrefs Index. You can use this SEO API to get a whole load of backlinks data for client work or even provide Ahrefs data in your SEO tool or service.
Frase is a great AI tool to help content marketers automate researching content. They provide API access to a suite of NLP tools, including:
- Article API to extract 15+ structured data points from a URL (such as clean text, topic extraction, summarization, category classification and more).
- Search API to search into the full Frase index.
BuiltWith is a web technology information profiler tool. Find out what a website is built with + a load of other useful data via API
JSON and XML Data APIs you can use:
- Domain API
- Free API
- Lists API
- Relationships API
- Keywords API
- Trends API
- Company to URL API
- Domain Live API
- Trust API
CognitiveSEO provides an SEO API is for marketers who want to integrate cognitiveSEO data into their own tools or dashboards.
The API can be used to process data like:
- Extract unnatural looking links for any site
- Track keyword rankings (on Google + Bing)
- Identify the most shared content
- Get daily new/lost link updates
- Get live/broken link updates
DeepCrawl API let’s you use the website crawlers features to build your own tools like: custom SEO dashboards, automatically triggered crawl or pull SEO data into client facing reports.
MySiteAuditor offers API access to integrate website auditing on your landing pages. The audits take approx 30 seconds to generate and are sent to a callback URL in raw JSON format and as a branded PDF.
Seobility API gives you SEO data (like site audits, backlinks, rankings) for easy integration into your software.
There’s a few SEO APIs to choose from here:
- Site Audit API – automated crawling of sites up to 100K subpages + over 250 checks
- SEO Check API – get an overview of optimization (metas, page quality, links)
- TF*IDF API – analyze texts (by country, region and across all devices)
- Rank Tracking API – get local results across desktop and mobile search.
SEOMonitor API helps you build custom reports, export your data and easily integrate it into your own tools. You can export: organic traffic data, keyword information and content performance data
Sistrix API allows automated access to domain, keyword, link data and more.
Oh, and because Google Sheets has the ‘Import XML’ function, API data can be imported right into your sheets.
SEO Review Tools
SEO Review Tools API can be used to build your own white label SEO reports, dashboards and tools.
With the API, you can access a few different tools:
- Full SEO API (SEO Audit tool)
- SEO Content APIs (SEO Content editor API, Duplicate Content API, Keyword suggestions API, Keyword Density API,Web page Word Count API, Title tag API, Meta description API, HTML headings API)
- Technical SEO APIs (Website load time API, AMP API, Bulk meta robots API, Internal Link API, Canonical API)
- Social media APIs (Facebook API & Pinterest API)
The Hunter API is a great way to quickly find and verify email addresses. The main requests can be made using simple API calls integrated in wherever you choose. You can get data via domain search, email finder and email verifier.
SE Ranking API
The SE Ranking API provides access to data gathered by the platform to automate getting SEO data.
You can get:
- popular queries from the Google Search Console
- traffic volume, potential cost of traffic, (if acquired from Google Ads)
- assess the potential number of new customers
- list of regions where business directories have been collected
- backlink statistics (list of a site’s backlinks)
- keyword statistics for organic or paid traffic
- top100 SERP results from Google and Yandex for key phrases (+ URL, snippet, site position)
- And LOTS more
Think I’ve missed an SEO API? Just let me know and I’ll add it.
Don’t forget to go check out the other Marketing APIs →