Last Updated on October 31, 2023 by Jake Sheridan
How To Unhide Columns in Google Sheets
Google Sheets allows you to hide and unhide columns just like any other spreadsheet program. Often the reason for hiding columns is to better organize your document and data.
For example, you may have columns with formulas or calculations that you don’t need to see all the time.
You may also have columns with a lot of necessary information, but it extends so far that you have a scroll to see the end of your sheet.
Hiding columns can make it easier to view the data in your sheet. But once you hide them you may need to unhide them so you can edit or review the data within.
So how do you unhide the columns in Google Sheets?
It’s pretty easy if you follow these steps:
How to Unhide Google Sheet Columns (2 methods)
There are two very simple ways to unhide columns in Google Sheets.
It works the same way on a Mac, PC, or the Google Sheets app on your mobile device.
Both ways to unhide the columns take very few steps and are super easy to learn and remember. Neither way is more efficient than the other – both ways will still make your columns appear.
In the end, it comes down to which way you remember when you need to unhide columns.
But first: how do you know a column is hidden?
You will know that a column, or several columns, are hidden in Google Sheets in two ways:
- The first sign of hidden columns is that the lettered cell will be missing. For example, the columns will jump from D to M. The columns and all the data within them will be hidden.
- The second way you will know there are hidden columns are the small arrows on either side of the hidden column labels.
The first way to unhide a column is to click or tap the small arrow on either side of the hidden column:
Doing so will make the hidden columns and all the information immediately reappear.
This is the easiest way to unhide columns.
However, the second way to unhide columns is not very complicated either…
If you are on a desktop and need to unhide columns in Google Sheets you can follow the easy steps below.
- Click on the column heading next to the hidden columns.
- Drag your cursor to the right until you have highlighted the column on the other side of the hidden ones.
- Right-click anywhere on the highlighted column headings.
- A menu will appear. Click on Unhide Columns.
- Your columns and all the information within them will immediately show up again.
When following this method, here’s the options you’ll see when right clicking on a column:
You can unhide columns in two very easy ways. Neither of the processes takes a lot of steps to complete. They both make your columns appear without messing up your sheet or the data within.
In this tutorial, I covered how to unhide columns in Google Sheets. Want more? Check out all the Google Sheets Tutorials.