Last Updated on October 30, 2023 by Jake Sheridan
Google Sheets is useful program that allows you to create, edit, and display spreadsheets wherever you have internet access. You do not have to keep saving the Google Sheet on an external hard drive or a thumb drive like you would with an Excel spreadsheet. Thankfully, Google Sheets has many functions similar to Excel with the added benefit of cloud storage and easy access. You can even add and delete cells, rows, or columns.
As you’re working, sometimes you might need to add more than one row. But how do you do that? Below are the steps to add more than one row to a Google Sheet.
How to Insert a Row
Sometimes you need to add information to your sheet. You could just add the data at the bottom and then reorganize your sheet. But that’s certainly not the most efficient way to do it. It would be easier to insert a new row right where you want the additional information to go. Here is how to insert a new row.
- Right-click on the cell where you want to add information.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Choose Insert Row.
- Your new row will show up above the cell you selected.
Now when you do it this way you do not have the option of adding more than one row. You also cannot control if it is above or below the cell you selected.
How to Insert Multiple Rows
When you insert more than one row you have a lot more control as to where the rows go. You can add the rows above or below the area you are using to insert them. It also makes you more efficient to add more than one row at a time. Rather than right-clicking and inserting the row then repeating the process over and over to insert more than one row, you can do add multiple rows at once in a few easy steps.
- Click and hold your mouse on the number to the left of the row where you want to add more rows.
- Doing this will highlight the whole row on the sheet.
- Without releasing your click, drag your cursor down to highlight the number of rows you need to add. For example, if you need to add five rows, drag your cursor down until you have five rows highlighted.
- Release your click.
- Right-click anywhere in the area you just highlighted.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Click Add (number) Rows. In this menu, you will have the option of inserting the rows above the area you highlighted or below the area.
- Once you select where you want the rows to appear they will come up immediately
Google Sheets is a very easy program to learn, even for beginners. You can easily add the rows you need, and you can even add more than one row at a time to increase your productivity. Most steps for operating the program are not overly long or complicated. It is also a program that you have access to anywhere you go, so long you have internet access.
More ways to use rows in Google Sheets:
- Move A Row
- Delete Empty Rows
- Group Rows
- Change Row Height
- Number Rows
- Make A Row Float
- How Many Rows Can Google Sheets Handle?
- Add A Row
- Highlight A Row
- Delete Every Other Row
- Delete Rows
- Alternate Row Colors
- Highlight Row Based On Cell
- Select Multiple Rows
- Sum A Row
- Sort Rows
- Resize Rows
- Merge Rows
- Remove Duplicate Rows
- Switch Rows
- Select Every Other Row
- Duplicate Rows