Last Updated on October 31, 2023 by Jake Sheridan
In this tutorial, you will learn how to add or insert a note in Google Sheets.
Google Sheets Notes are only tiny text boxes added to the cell and used to provide more information. Hovering the cursor over the cell reveals them.
Once you are ready, we can jump right into learning how to add or insert a note in Google Sheets.
Add a Note in Google Sheets
Select the cell you want to add a note to and right-click. Then click on Insert note.
A note will appear on the side of the cell for you to insert notes on.
That’s all there is to it. You are welcome to copy the example spreadsheet below to see how it is done. The most crucial lesson is to enjoy yourself while doing it.
Example Spreadsheet: Make a copy of the example spreadsheet
This tutorial covered how to insert a new note in Google Sheets. Want more? Check out all the Google Sheets Tutorials.
More Google Sheets collaborations:
- Insert Google Sheets Into Google Docs
- Insert Google Sheets Into Google Slides
- How To Share Google Sheets
- How To Comment
- Share Only One Sheet
- How To Access
- How To Save
- How To Give Access
- See Edit History
- How To Use Google Sheets Offline
- Track Changes
- Turn Off Overwrite
- How To Chat
- How To Tag Someone
- How To Share Only One Tab
- How To Collaborate
- Make A Google Sheet View Only
- Add Comment
- Link To Cells Or Spreadsheets
- How To Link Google Sheets
- Link Google Sheets Together
- Reference Another Sheet
- Unlink Form
- How To Hyperlink
- Create Hyperlinks
- Link Cells
- Reference Cells
- Use Dynamic Cell References
- Use Absolute Cell References